After having a look around here’s some ways I can time-lapse on my Canon…
Do mine with a 7D but should be the same
1. Get a laptop, I use a cheap Dell Mini 9 with OSX
2. Plug in via USB
3. Fire up EOS utilities
4. In the utils there is a setting which allows you to do x number of shots every x mins
5. Play with timing….. I do sky with one every 15 secs but you need to play with timing
6. Shoot jpeg is the easiest as you don’t need to convert later.
7. I have Quicktime Pro so when all done just open that and you can select a folder and duration (fps) and it makes the movie for you.
8. I then compress with Final Cut Studio’s Compressor
I am an OSX man not sure about making the movie on Windows.
Below is a couple of tutorials that maybe more use to me as I will try and use Magic Lantern unless a better option is readily available…<p><a href=”http://vimeo.com/37084470″>Timelapse Magic Lantern Tutorial</a> from <a href=”http://vimeo.com/raphaelescamilla”>Raphael Escamilla</a> on <a href=”http://vimeo.com”>Vimeo</a>.</p>
And just to make sure I have a good spread there’s another written tutorial below…
All of this plus some direction from Matt Burton should get me on my way.